Last revised: August 25, 2020
At Esports Tickets Inc. (“Esports,” “we,” or “us”), we are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about the types of Personal Information Esports (as follows, “we” or “us”) collects, uses and discloses. It explains how we use and disclose that information, the choices you have regarding such use and disclosure, and how you may correct that information.
Your privacy is one of our priorities. We are proud to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, by complying with the laws and regulations under applicable privacy laws in Canada. As we are a national organization, this Privacy Statement is designed to meet the standards prescribed by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the regulations thereunder (“PIPEDA”).
From time to time, we may make changes to this Privacy Statement. The Privacy Statement is current as of the “last revised” date which appears at the top of this page. We will treat Personal Information in a manner consistent with the Privacy Statement under which it was collected, unless we have your consent to treat it differently. This Privacy Statement applies to any information we collect or receive about you, from any source.
- To which companies does this Privacy Statement apply?
This Privacy Statement applies to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information by Esports.
- What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any information that is identifiable with you, as an individual. This information may include but is not limited to your name, company, date of birth, mailing address, e-mail address, billing address, and date of birth. Personal Information, however, does not include business title or business address and business telephone number in your capacity as an employee of an organization.
- How do we collect your Personal Information?
We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means (for example, when you register with us). We may collect Personal Information from you directly and/or from third parties, where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise required or permitted by law (for example, when you register with us by using your Google+ account).
We may collect standard internet log information about how and when you use our website. This information may include but, not be limited to, your IP address and location data, weblogs, time, date, browser used, referring web addresses, other communication data, searches conducted, pages visited. We may collect, and we may collect on behalf of community hosts, basic personal information and feedback from you through our surveys and surveys conducted by community hosts.
- Where do we store your Personal Information?
We will keep the Personal Information that we collect at the Esports offices or at the offices of our third party service providers in Beauharnois, Quebec and our other third party service providers, as applicable.
- How do we use your Personal Information?
We identify the purposes for which we use your Personal Information at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use. We generally use your Personal Information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- to provide you with requested services, and to register your involvement with a community to a community host;
- to develop and maintain strong business relationships with customers, potential customers, and partners;
- to manage your account with Esports;
- to respond to questions, comments or concerns regarding Esports;
- to allow for more meaningful and useful sales and marketing initiatives;
- to use Google Analytics to better understand our web traffic and marketing effectiveness;
- to collect opinions and comments in regard to Esport’s operations;
- to perform demographic analysis for planning purposes (but only on an aggregate and anonymous basis);
- to recruit for positions at Esports and for other employment or marketing-related tasks;
- to enable community hosts to conduct surveys;
- to investigate legal claims;
- such purposes for which Esports may obtain consent from time to time; and
- such other uses as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
Esports may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Esports may monitor the most popular forums on the beam.gg site. Esports may display this information publicly or provide it to others. From time to time, Esports may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. However, Esports does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
- To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
We identify to whom, and for what purposes, we disclose your Personal Information, at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent to such disclosure.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers with whom we have a contractual agreement that includes appropriate privacy standards, where such third parties are assisting us with the Purposes – such as service providers that provide telephone support, data storage or processing, or hosting.
In addition, we may send Personal Information outside of the country for the Purposes, including for process and storage by service providers in connection with such Purposes. However, you should note that to the extent that any Personal Information is out of the country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country. For written information about our policies and practices, please contact our Privacy Information Officer (see question 17 below).
Hosts and other members can see your member profile in a community you have joined. Community visitors will not be able to see member profiles unless they sign up to a community. You can choose to restrict some personal information from showing to other members such as your birthday, location, and gender.
- When and how do we obtain your consent?
We generally obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose. You may provide your consent to us either orally, electronically or in writing. The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances.
- How do we ensure the privacy of your Personal Information when dealing with our affiliates and other third parties?
We ensure that all affiliates and other third parties that are engaged to perform services on our behalf and are provided with Personal Information are contractually required to observe the intent of this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices.
- How long will we utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information?
We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments, in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
- How can you review your Personal Information that we have collected, utilized or disclosed?
If you make a written request to review any Personal Information about you that we have collected, utilized or disclosed, we will provide you with any such Personal Information to the extent required by law. We will make such Personal Information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, and will explain any abbreviations or codes.
- How do you know that the Personal Information we have on you is accurate?
We will ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. We will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information, when required.
- What if the Personal Information we have on you is inaccurate?
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than thirty (30) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit. You have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or applicable provincial privacy commissioner in respect of this time limit.
- Are there any costs to you for requesting information about your Personal Information or our privacy practices?
We will not charge any costs for you to access your Personal Information in our records without first providing you with an estimate of the approximate costs, if any.
- How do we know that it is really you requesting your Personal Information?
We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
- What safeguards have we implemented to protect your Personal Information?
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees, who are granted access to your Personal Information, are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
- How do you contact us regarding access to your Personal Information or our privacy practices?
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information or our privacy practices should be forwarded to our Privacy Information Officer as follows:
Attn: Privacy Information Officer
ESPORTS TICKETS INC.
Suite 601, 10 Dundas St. East
Toronto, Ontario M5B 2G9 Canada
416 979 5000